Volunteers, community members and local business owners were honored during the Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner, June 27 at The Aspen Room at the Stanley.
The following individuals and businesses were recognized for their commitment to the revitalization and preservation of Downtown Lee’s Summit.
- Very Violet Boutique, Outstanding Window Display
- Smoke Brewing Company, Top Façade Rehabilitation
- David Zak, Dale Hartley Service Award
- Eric Vospette and Jim Clayton, Downtown Champions
- Chad Godfrey, New Member Dynamo
- Haunted and Historic Spaces Tour, Top Special Event
- Melissa McGhee, Volunteer of the Year
- Grains and Taps, Business of the Year
- Jen Steller, Award of Appreciation
- Donnie Rodgers, Jr., President’s Award
Three seats on the Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street Board of Directors were up for election at the annual meeting. Current investors of the organization voted on a slate of candidates put forward by the organization’s nominating committee. The newly elected board members, to serve a three-year term, include:
- Dave Eames, owner of Fossil Forge Designs
- Chad Godfrey, owner of Summit Video Services
- Courtney Stoddard, sales and design consultant at Budget Blinds Kansas City/Lee’s Summit
The event’s theme was “BIG Things Ahead.” Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street announced its role in helping Missouri Main Street Connection to bring the 2018 Main Street Now Conference to Kansas City, Missouri. Main Street Now is the annual conference of the National Main Street Center, a national organization that advances comprehensive downtown and commercial district revitalization, working with a coast-to-coast network of Main Street America programs.
Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street will host the Big Bash, which is the closing celebration of the Main Street Now Conference. DLSMS anticipates hosting over 600 conference attendees that evening with a mix of shopping, dining and entertainment that showcases our community and the power of Main Street. The 2018 Big Bash will be Wednesday, March 28 from 6:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
“When we found out that Missouri Main Street Connection (MMSC) was chosen to host the 2018 Main Street Now Conference, we immediately began plans to bring the conference to Downtown Lee’s Summit. We knew Lee’s Summit was a place we wanted to showcase with The Big Bash event, and now our conference attendees from across the country will get to experience one of the very best communities in America. As a former GAMSA winner, Downtown Lee’s Summit is the perfect venue for this group of people. We are thrilled that DLSMS will be our hosts and we know they will do an amazing job!” said Gayla Roten, Director of Missouri Main Street Connection.